Thursday, February 16, 2012

Can I update the maps in my Magellan GPS?

I recently purchased a Magellan Roadmate 1412 GPS. This is first GPS of this brand that I've gotten. Apparently the maps are stored on an SD card. Does Magellan provide updates for their GPSes? If so, does it usually mean buying a new SD card with updated maps on it?Can I update the maps in my Magellan GPS?
When you get your gps usually you need to go to there website and see if theres any undates. Is according to what month the units was made and how long its been at the store. Just go to the Magellan website and see for an update and download it, and you will be fine.Can I update the maps in my Magellan GPS?
I bought mine at www.autonavdirect.com

Report Abuse

Can I update the maps in my Magellan GPS?
Most map updates are provided to you on a DVD, but these days with the lower price of the SD card, most GPS manufacturers is finding out is cheaper to pre-load the map updates on an SD card and just make it plug and play. Currently Magellan map updates for MRM 2000, MRM 2200T and CrossoverGPS are all done with a new SD card.

I would guess the MRM 1412 would be the same.

The updating on the Magellan website is normally for firmware updates to fix issues and bugs, those are free for you to update, but the actual map update will cost you around $79 per copy. You can also buy your Magellan update from Auto Nav 2000 Plus, Inc. www.autonav2000.com They are the only company besides Magellan that are authorized to update Magellan GPS products.
  • auto parts stores
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment