Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm looking for a user friendly gps for my car that doesn't cost a fortune.?

I tried the Magellan Roadmate 2000 and didn't like it at all. Any suggestions?I'm looking for a user friendly gps for my car that doesn't cost a fortune.?
I would immediately recommend anything that Garmin makes - The screens are brightly lit and colorful, the female voice that prompts you when you need to turn, etc. is not terribly annoying, the touchscreen controls are large and easy to use, and it seems to be easy to pick up the satellite signal almost anywhere (I did have trouble in some tunnels and the mountains of upstate New York, and some backroads in Massachusetts, but it picks up where it left off as soon as it finds it again.)



The Garmin StreetPilot C330 is only $279.99 at BestBuy.com, that's the one my Aunt uses and I have the most experience with. The Garmin Nuvi 660 is what I'm saving for - It has a larger screen than the C330, a built-in antenna rather than one that is attached to a cable, and Bluetooth so I can use my phone hands-free - That model is on sale on BestBuy.com for $899.



Just depends on what your definition of a fortune is, but all of the newer Garmin units have impressed me with their ease of use. Best of luck with your purchase!I'm looking for a user friendly gps for my car that doesn't cost a fortune.?
Look for one when it's on sale
  • travel trailers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment