Thursday, February 16, 2012

Magellan GPS frozen up?

Hi,

3 days ago I used my Magellan Roadmate GPS system to find a place. The little arrow indicating my location has not oved or changed since. I have turned it off and on, plugged in and on battery power. I have tried resetting GPS coordinates and resetting factory settings. It is only 4 months old. Any help before I send it back?Magellan GPS frozen up?
There is a small round hole on one side of the unit.
Using a ball pen or the tip of a paper clip, with the unit ON, press down on the button that is recessed in the hole (you should here or feel a small click). Hold for about two seconds, then let go. wait until the unit resets itself.
This should take it out of its locked mode.

ADDED:
The hole I'm referring to is very tiny, about 1/16" diameter. In mine (Magellan Maestro 3100, it's located on the side opposite to the Power-in, next to the MMC memory card slot. The hole is labeled "Reset". You should have some way to reset yours. Read the manual, and if you don't have one, go to magellan.com and look for it. Or check sites like these: http://www.ehow.com/how_7384907_magellan鈥?/a> or http://www.magellangps.com/Products/Road鈥?/a> or google magellan roadmate XXX, XXX being your model number.
You could email me your EXACT model number and I could look for the manual, or I could email you a .pdf copy of my manual, in which case you would have to give me your email.
Good luck with it!!!

Maestro/Roadmate GPS Units

* 1

Locate the button marked "Reset" on the left, right or bottom of the unit.
* 2

Using a thin object, such as a paper clip, depress the button for two to three seconds. The unit should reset.
* 3

If the unit does not reset, immediately press the button again and hold it for up to 10 seconds.


Read more: How to Reset a Magellan GPS | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5635240_reset-ma鈥?/a>
  • dean and deluca
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment