Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Magellan Roadmate GPS is broken, can it be fixed?

The other day I first noticed my Roadmate acting weird when I would plug it in to charge in my car and it would say that it was hooked up to my "pc." Which, it obviously wasn't. So since it didn't read my charger, it wouldn't charge and eventually died.



So as I'm trying to fix it, the input on the side of the device gets pushed into the actual device and now I can't make a connection at all.



I looked into getting a new one, but they are too expensive. Is there a way to repair the one I have? Or even somewhere I can send it?



Any advice helps, thank you.My Magellan Roadmate GPS is broken, can it be fixed?
If it's just the connector on the side you should be able to get it fixed. Try an electronics repair shop near you. I'd recommend a 2-way radio repair shop myself. If your unit is under warranty you can send it back to Magellan for repairs. But I'm disappointed in Magellan for non-waranty repairs. Their web site says this:



Magellan does not service products. For receivers returned after the warranty period or for damage not covered by the warranty, customers may purchase a new unit at a reduced cost or reconditioned unit also at a reduced cost.



This isn't very good customer support. I'd buy a different brand and make sure they supported their products before buying. The Magellan link is below if you want to check. Click on "Support" and then "Warranty, Repairs %26amp; Returns".
  • jeopardy game
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment