Monday, February 13, 2012

Magellan RoadMate 1470 and TomTom One 130 - Which has better features, ease of use, etc. why?

I have been using my TomTom One 130 for about 1 1/2 years now and it is sufficient except it tends to take a while to pick up a signal (on hazy days especially). About a month ago my father passed away and he left behind his Magellan RoadMate 1470. I think it may be a couple years older than my TomTom but I'm curious about others' opinions on which is the better device. I do a lot of driving and I have a toddler daughter with me almost always; thus ease of use, simplicity, speed, accuracy, etc. are all very important to me.



So what is your experience with both? Or either one? I will be giving one of the devices to my mother but I need to decide which one to keep. I'd appreciate any assistance. Cheers!Magellan RoadMate 1470 and TomTom One 130 - Which has better features, ease of use, etc. why?
I have 3 Tom Toms 2 Magellan's and 4 Garmins in my trucks. I find the Magellan to be slower than the Toms. The Garmins will not work where the Magellan will and the toms kick out when they want. Sorry . I ca`nt be much more help. I will stay with my Garmins. Besides, how fast are you driving that you need to know where to turn in 15 seconds? They all work fine. If you expect lightning fast response then you are looking for something in the $hundreds or more.Even my 80`s hand held Garmin still gets me out of the bush if I need it ( unless the batteries die).

No comments:

Post a Comment