Thursday, February 16, 2012

Magellan Roadmate 1412 GPS system won't recognize my region(CANADA)?

I don`t understand why this problem had occured. I was using it regularly and all of a sudden, it says `proceed to` and its in the middle of no where. I check what `reegion`it was set to and it said lower 48 states. What I dont get is, why would it freeze all of a sudden, and not recognize CANADA at all. It says that the only region available is the USA. I tried the website and it said it will cost me at least 80$ to update my software. but I think my GPS would only have a 20$ value now, so i dont get whats the point. My QUESTION IS: What can I do, and if i have no choice but to download the map pack then is there a free verrsion?Magellan Roadmate 1412 GPS system won't recognize my region(CANADA)?
If you had Canada maps before this problem then you should have Canada maps now. Since you are having problems nothing you do now will hurt and may even help. I would do a master reset back to factory settings and see what happens then. Hopefully your unit is just a bit mixed up and a reset will bring it back to normal. However there is also the possibility that the memory in it has malfunctioned which is why it is unable to recognize Canada. If you continue to have problems I suggest you call Magellan and see if they have possible solutions to your problem.



Oh and to answer your last question, there are no free maps. You have to pay for any map upgrades unless you have a GPS that offered free map upgrades.
  • used boats
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment