Friday, January 27, 2012

How to fix a bad shooting motion in basketball?

I haven't played basketball in 5 years, and needless to say, my shot is horrible. I can't get a consistant spin, and my accuracy is off. It doesn't feel natural when I shoot. Does anyone have any pointers as to get my shot back?How to fix a bad shooting motion in basketball?
Extend your arms all the way and make sure your wrists snap down so at the end of your release you arm and hand looks like a doves head/neck. Also make sure your feet are set. Start off closer to the hoop with a lay up and then work your way out, never start from long jump shots, that will never get your shot back. But really nothing will help more than just constant practice.
practice..get to practice short range shots first then make it longer as you get better with the short range.How to fix a bad shooting motion in basketball?
Im not sure, because i use to shoot poorly and keep " throwing" the ball instead of " shooting " it, because my right hand is too far to the left. Then i slowly shifted and now when i shoot i shoot better and my hand goes in the middle for a better aim.~
when you shot bend ur knees and when u shoot keep your elbow in towards the hoop and with a little practice u can make it easy



its what i doHow to fix a bad shooting motion in basketball?
Quite likely, you are shooting two-handed. That is what inconsistent spin and bad accuracy tells me. Two-handed shooting is the most common shooting flaw out there.

Place your shooting hand behind the ball with the first finger in the very middle of the ball. Put your off hand to the side. Keep elbow in, as one other person posted here, or, in other words, keep the line of your forearm lined up straight to the rim. Set the ball up at the beginning of your shot a bit off center towards your shooting side and below your shoulder. Then the big tip I have for you is LIFT AND FREEZE. Lift means driving your elbow over your eyebrow and freeze means to hold your follow through until the ball hits the basket.

I do not recommend the "lay on your back" drill that others mentioned here, because it does not train you to lift. Do the same thing standing and shoot almost straight up. Then you can see that your off hand is getting off, your elbow is getting over your eyebrow and you can feel the ball coming off your first finger, as it should.
Marry a woman who can play and have lots of kids, one of them is sure to do it right, especially if she helps them.
You are like me I did the exact same thing. What I did was I laid on my bed and I put the ball in my right hand. Then I shot the ball and if it has a good spin it will come right back to you, but if it doesn't have a good spin then it will wonder off somewhere else.
There's an old school way of developing your shooting motion. Practice your release lying down. To do this, first lie flat on your back. You can choose to keep your legs straight or keep it bent, whichever is comfortable to you. Now, hold your basketball and assume a shooting stance, then start "shooting" the ball vertically about 6 feet into the air, catch the ball and "shoot" again. Do as many repetitions as you can, making sure that you snap your wrist and follow-through each time you release.
No matter what form you use, the only way to have it feel natural is through repetition. One trick to find your stroke is to try shooting with one hand from just a couple feet out for about 5-10 minutes before you play.
  • jp cycles
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment