Friday, January 27, 2012

What would you do if you were the only girl on basketball team?

My basketball team is full of boys that are all older than me. I am the only girl on the team and is automatically ignored during all the games.They never pass me the ball even though I am a good player. I had made the basketball team at my high school earlier that year. The coach trys to tell them, but they just ignore him as well. I really need help...I have hardly touched the ball at all yet!What would you do if you were the only girl on basketball team?
I've been in that situation SO MANY times, and it annoys the hell out of me. Yeah, I'm a girl, but so what? I can play ball just as well if not better than most of the guys. So give me a chance!



It's always tough at first, because there's no way to show the guys your stuff if they won't pass you the f*cking' ball when you're wide open! But gets better in time (or at least it did for me). I made a point to always get to practice first and be there working out and shooting hoops before the guys got there. They'd watch me warm up when they came in, and because of it, and because of the one on ones I had played with some of the guys at practices and on the streets, they knew I could play ball.



So it became a thing when if there was no one else open, I'd get the ball. But that changed slowly, and now I'm just as much an element of the team as the men.



For you I say this: No matter how you're feeling, work your @$$ off. If the guys play well, play better. If they jump high, jump higher. If they drive fast and hard, drive faster and harder. Be competitive. Show them what you're made of. Every touch on the ball is an opportunity to shine- don't blow it. Pressure yourself. Be the best that you can be. So maybe in the beginning you don't get to much real game time. But there are still practices, and you have to let your team know you're strong. Be aggressive. Be a little dirty, if you have to. Make every basket count.



That being said... good luck. All the best, my friend. Go out there and play hard. You go girl!What would you do if you were the only girl on basketball team?
BE the pg and dont give them the ballWhat would you do if you were the only girl on basketball team?
It is only because you're a girl..

Or you can ask the guys to pass the ball..
tell coach to fire other players and get girls
  • driving school
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment