Friday, January 27, 2012

How to keep good fundamental skills while playing a Basketball game?

My fundamental skills in Basketball are very decent, such as my shooting and lay-ups, but I tend to do very terribly during a 1v1, 3v3, or a full game. It seems that I "force" my shots and other moves. How can I use my good fundamental skills during a game, and not "force" or abandon those skills just because of "excitement" and etc.How to keep good fundamental skills while playing a Basketball game?
Relax and stay focused. Always think a step ahead. Before I get the ball or while I dribble I think about what move I will use next, then when I'm ready I enhance and do my move whether it be a pump-fake into layup, spin-dribble, double crossover or pull-up jumper. Think ahead and don't worry take your time.How to keep good fundamental skills while playing a Basketball game?
relax, take your time and look for opportunities, if its not there then its not there. in one on one a lot of it is about footwork, speed and ball handling. you have to be able to play every position or at least have some skill at each. communication with your teammates is also a big factor, when i don't know the people im playing with or i don't feel comfortable i sometimes rush shots or make dumb mistakes, just make sure there's lots of talk on the floor and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment